What is PCI DSS?
The Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) is a worldwide mandate from the PCI Security Standards Council (PCI SSC). The Council consists of VISA®, MasterCard®, American Express®, Discover®, and JCB® (the Card Schemes). PCI DSS was established to help organisations that process card payments prevent credit and debit card fraud through increased controls around data and its exposure to compromise. The standard applies to all organisations that store, process, or pass cardholder information from any card branded with the logo of one of the card schemes
Keep in step with the latest card data security standards. Everyday businesses like yours are encountering threats from criminals intent on obtaining customers’ credit and debit card details. Being PCI compliant, you protect your customers from losing valuable card data and safeguard yourself from possible legal issues and certain fines from the credit card companies.
PCI DSS Compliance Programme:
- Compliance with PCI DSS is mandatory for ALL merchants who accept card payments
- PCI DSS applies to all payments accepted in person, on the phone and online
- Non-compliance with PCI DSS may lead to financial penalties
Benefits for your business
- Reduce risk of card fraud
- Avoid potential hefty penalties
- Get support from qualified security assessors
Benefits for your customers
- Ensure that your customers’ data is protected
- Customers can have confidence in your card business